At Kenny’s Pond Retirement Living, the role of the LPN is vital in successfully delivering our care model and fulfilling the care requirements of our residents. LPNs work to their full scope of practice and provide nursing care under the direction of medical practitioners and registered nurses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administering medications and observing and documenting therapeutic effects
- Basic bedside care
- Taking vital signs (ie: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration)
- Prepare and give injections & enemas
- Monitor catheters
- Wound Care
- Evaluate and monitor residents’ needs
- Collect samples
- Assist with resident care and comfort (i.e. assisting with feeding, bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene).
- Help direct and coach PCA staff as required
- Monitor the quality of care being received by residents and ensure care plan is being followed at all times.
- Complete Nursing admissions and assessments with both Assisted and Independent Living residents
- Filling sick calls as per protocol
- Ad hoc duties and other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have completed an approved Practical Nursing Program and hold an active license with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses Newfoundland and Labrador. Previous experience working in a seniors living/care environment is an asset. A satisfactory attendance record is required.
Available positions are full-time scheduled, part-time scheduled and casual. Shifts are both days 7:30 am – 7:30 pm and/or nights, 7:30 pm – 7:30 am.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Monthly LPN Schedules provided in advance
- Supportive and professional work environment
- Flexible vacation and leave requests
- Employee attendance reward program
Interested applicants may forward resumes to:
Tiffany Village Retirement Residence Partnership
50 Tiffany Court
St. John’s, NL A1A 0G1
Fax: (709) 722-0509