Life at Kenny’s Pond offers peace of mind through the safety and security that are part of everyday living at Kenny’s Pond Retirement Residence.
Upon arriving to Kenny’s Pond, residents and guests are greeted by concierge staff who monitor traffic 8:00 a.m.to 9:00 p.m. Concierge are on hand to answer questions and provide information and direction as needed. From 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. the main doors are secured from the outside for resident safety, with the ability to use an intercom system from the main entrance to contact nursing staff for after hour access. As well, all entrances and exits are monitored by camera.
For the purpose of emergency situations and personal safety within a resident’s suite, all residents are required to wear a nurse call bracelet/ pendant. Nursing staff, in place 24 hours 7 days a week, can be accessed for immediate care by pressing this button.
Fire Safety & Emergency Preparedness
- Ensuring your personal safety is our priority at Kenny’s Pond Retirement Residence.
- Fire Safety Systems that are in place:
- Fire alarm system
- Sprinkler system
- Hood suppression system(kitchen)
- Fire extinguishers / hose connections
- Emergency paging system – Speakers located in all suites and common areas
- Fire drills
- Verbal communication
- National Fire Code
- Fire separations
- Fire retardant building materials
- Auto ventilation shut down
- Fire dampers
- Fire controls on elevators (fire dept)