Social & Wellness
Social Wellness is perhaps one of the most understated benefits of moving to Kenny’s Pond Retirement Residence. With approximately 125 residents, we see so many wonderful examples of seniors living active, vibrant and fulfilling lives by getting back to participating in some of their favorite pass times, familiar hobbies and on occasion, the discovery of a new interest.
The scheduled programs and activities prove to be catalysts for creating friendships and acquaintances in a building that residents call home. Lunch hours and evening meals become stimulation for great conversation and social interaction. The dining room comes alive midday and early evening with the sound of voice and laughter as residents share stories, experiences and commonalities of their present and past.
How challenging is it to make this move? At Kenny’s Pond we pride ourselves in making sure that every new resident is given the care and attention needed to assist with the move to their new home. A maître d’ ensures the dining experience is a positive one, assisting with seat selection and meal options, while nurturing the newness of the experience until it becomes old hat and common place. Recreation and concierge, together, ensure activities that are of interest are highlighted with support and encouragement provided, including scheduling reminders as needed.
Though the intent to alleviate loneliness is not usually the sole reason for making a move to Kenny’s Pond, it is undoubtedly one of the best decisions a senior can make for their own social well-being. A move to Kenny’s Pond, in many cases, is a move towards unsuspecting and renewed independence that offers a new and wonderful quality of life.
Some of the programs and activities, we currently offer include:
- Specialty Fitness Classes Daily
- Special Events – Movie Nights & Happy Hours
- Social & Activity Clubs: Card Club, Knitting Club, Walking Group, Men’s Club etc.
- Kenny’s Pond Resident Choir – Weekly Rehearsals and Special Performances
- Fundraising Events – Annual Fall Fair & The Alzheimer’s Walk
- Pet Therapy Visits through the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Program
- Instructed Painting Classes
- Travelogue Video Series
- Stimulating Programming – Color Therapy, Wii Sport’s, Craft Hour, etc.
- Horticulture Program
- Monthly Church Services
- Day Trips & Scenic Drives
- Weekly Live Musical Entertainment
- Seasonal Holiday Social’s
We welcome the opportunity to further discuss your needs. Please feel free to call us with any questions you may have at (709) 738-1611 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.