Resident Care Attendant (RCA)
Reporting to the Resident Care Manager, the incumbent is responsible for delivering holistic and resident centered care on a daily basis. The RCA provides personal and supportive care to residents to meet their physical, social and emotional needs.
- Fulfills the duties and responsibilities of a resident care attendant with a pleasant demeanour focusing on upholding excellent customer service, recognizing the importance of maintaining these ongoing relationships with all our clients, inclusive of residents, families, guests, volunteers and staff.
- Maintains positive working relationships with the entire care team.
- Assists with all aspects of residents’ activities of daily living, including, but not limited to, bathing, dressing, feeding, mouth/denture care, nail care, eye care, toileting and catheter care.
- Assists with turning, repositioning, lifting, transferring and ambulating residents as per resident’s care plan.
- Delivers/serves resident meals; as well as prepares the dining room and follows through with clean up.
- Ensures residents receive adequate nourishment; assisting, supervising intake.
- Encourages residents’ independence, wherever possible.
- Encourages and facilitates residents’ participation in recreation and social wellness programs on a daily basis.
- Provides resident companionship.
- Documents all resident care that is provided, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs housekeeping and laundry duties as per facility protocol or to meet the needs of residents.
- Escorts residents, when required, to appointments, main dining room and resident care activities.
- Maintains a safe, clean environment, adhering to Safe Resident Handling practices.
- Observes and reports any changes in residents’ health condition and/or behavior to immediate supervisor or, if not available, the RN Charge Nurse, the RCM or her designate, as deemed appropriate.
- Ensures written documentation and verbal reports are maintained as per Company Policy and Procedures, with respect to maintaining confidentiality and security.
- Fosters an environment of engagement, encouragement and safeguard to ensure residents’ health and well-being is maintained, particularly for those seniors who are vulnerable and require guidance/support.
- Performs other related duties as required to ensure quality holistic resident care/service.
- Other assigned and/or related duties that ensure residents’ needs are met.
- Abilities and Skills:
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional resident care.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in working with residents, families, the nursing team, as well as the general public.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to care for seniors, encouraging participation where possible in the activities of daily living, including the provision of one-on-one care where required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ability to treat residents with respect, dignity and care.
- Professional, open, friendly, autonomous, team player, responsive and positive.
- Ability to apply tact, discretion and sound judgement.
- Trustworthy, reliable, dependable.
- Shows initiative and commitment to excellence.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and staff information.
- Experience, Training/Education and Work Record:
- High school diploma.
- Successful completion of a recognized Personal Care Attendant Certificate Program OR successful completion of college/university program.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience working as a Resident Care Attendant or equivalent position in the field of seniors’ care/living and persons with disabilities.
- Successfully meets the necessary employee requirements as stipulated in the operational standards by the Department of Health & Community Services governing agencies with home support licenses.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Focus on resident-centered approach to care.
- Knowledgeable of the importance of and ability to comply with internal policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow direction and complete medical documentation.
- Ability to work in a flexible, resilient environment to meet the needs of residents.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, motivating, compassionate and caring person who has demonstrated passion to work with seniors.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
Hours of Work:
- Available positions are casual with rotational shift schedule that will include days, nights, weekends, and holiday coverage.
- Shifts vary from 12-hour days/nights, 0800-1500, 0730-1230, and 1600-2300.
Pay and Benefits:
- $15.64 per hour as per the current Collective Agreement
- Monthly schedules provided in advance
- Supportive and professional work environment
- Flexible vacation and leave requests
- Employee attendance reward program
Locations of Work:
- 135 MacDonald Drive, St. John’s, NL A1A 0E4
- 50 Tiffany Court, St. John’s, NL A1A 0G1
Please submit complete application, inclusive of resume and cover letter to:
Tiffany Village Retirement Residence Partnership
50 Tiffany Court
St. John’s, NL A1A 0G1